Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Guilty Pleasures...

No, this is not a sexual related post! Ha ha! But it is about the next best thing...CHOCOLATE! For me its hard to resist, and with Valentines Day coming up, what better way to show you some of the creative things you can do with one of my guilty pleasures...

One of my all time FAVORITE things is chocolate covered pretzels! I don't know what it is about chocolate and pretzels...so sweet, so salty....YUM! I recently made some white chocolate covered pretzels and had some fun by decorating them with valentine sprinkles...
So fun, and easy and I must say yummy too! The whole family loved them and they didn't last long!


All you need to make these easy crowd pleasing treats are:

1.A pan (or two!) covered with wax paper.

2. Mini Pretzels: 
3. White Chocolate chips-The Nestle Premier White are my fav ;)

4. A little Crisco:
5. And Valentines Sprinkles!
You can of course just use red, white and pink sprinkles, but these have little hearts in some of the mix.

If you are using a stove to heat your chocolate (I really need to invest in a fondue pot!) Then you will want to use a larger pan filled with water, and put a smaller pan inside it filled with chocolate. This will help so the chocolate will not burn. 
Now Im not a big fan of Crisco, but white chocolate is delicate to work with. Since making chocolate covered pretzels is time consuming, I needed something to keep the chocolate smooth because over time it will start to get chalky. Add about a teaspoon of Crisco and the bag of white chocolate to your pan. Slowly melt the chocolate on medium heat.



Once its creamy, throw in a pretzel and coat evenly...use tongs flip and get an even coat. Put on the wax paper. Do a few but don't let the chocolate cool completely. You want to add sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm. Dip, coat, sprinkle repeat until the desired amount is achieved. And believe me you'll want to make more than you plan because these go quick! I mean who could resist?!
Yumm!!

I didnt make these for anything special, but if you wanted these could be great gifts too! Use clear wrapping with a cute little message for that special someone...even the kids.

How cute is that?!?!

Or use pretzel rods instead:
 Either way, get crafting :) Valentines day is just around the corner! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment