Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Treats

Valentines Day is only a few weeks away! For me, its not a major holiday because for one, we are at a hockey rink 5 days a week (this week we are going for 9 straight days!) Two, its a Hallmark holiday that was invented just so you will spend money. Will I take a dozen roses, a box of chocolate, or even a romantic night out? Absolutely! But honestly, I only enjoy this holiday because I like coming up with crafty things for my son to enjoy! 

Here are a few simple Valentines Day treats that I have made for my son's school parties:
Red Velvet Cupcakes! Yum, you can Never go wrong with red velvet, cream cheese frosting, and sprinkles!


Hello! Chocolate covered strawberries! These were a huge hit last year (and somewhat healthy).

This year I'm pulling out an old time favorite treat...Rice Krispies treats with a little twist!  


 Aren't  these adorable?! Made the same way as regular Rice Krispies, but added just a little red dye, and cut into heart shapes! And because there are so many treats passed out during holiday parties, these are already conveniently wrapped and ready to take home if need be.  

Hope these few ideas have inspired your Valentines Day, even if you make them for yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment