Friday, January 6, 2012

There's a first for everything!

And blogging is one of them! Hi all, as you may or may not know, my name is Jaime. Im a twenty something mom and wife with a creative flair. I work full time as a kitchen and bath designer in a local firm. I LOVE what I do, and very glad to say so because design wasn't always my career path.

It amazes me how my life's firsts brought me to where I am today. In fact, I believe it was for very good reason. I decided at the young age of 16 that I was going to be a nurse. In fact, in high school I decided to start my career early and get a certified nurse assistant certificate through our high schools career program. My mom worked in the medical field, so I figured Id give it a go. I worked in a nursing home for two years. The entire time, I wondered if it was for me, but I was making decent money so I stuck with it. When I had my son, he was in intensive care. The site of seeing him that way, the traumatic experience overall,  turned my entire life upside down. I gave up the Nursing career right away, and I pursued a dream, one that was trapped in me from the time I was a little girl. I wanted to make homes beautiful. I went back to my local college for Interior Design when my son turned 3. 

Most people gave me a hard time for doing it. In fact, where we live design is not a prominent job as it is in some bigger cities. But, I didn't care. I wanted to do something I had a passion for..and this is it! Finally, after years of school (design is not just about beautifying people), I graduated!! YAY! It was a great accomplishment! I took a job with a local Kitchen and Bath company(my major), and couldnt be happier that I gave my dreams a chance!

Doing what I do for a living is not easy to tame! I create all these beautiful homes, and have so many ideas that get my creative juices flowing, but a new designer doesn't make the best of money... So, in my spare time I explore ways to create things for my home in a thrifty way. I was always told I had such good ideas and that I should explore ways to share them with others... So in light of trying new things I wanted to share my ideas, and inspiration with you! This blog is created to explore new creative ideas to use in your home, for special occasions, and anything that has inspired me. I hope these ideas inspire you, and that you give some of them a try!  As Ive said, there's a first for everything! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment