Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh Summer!
Thinking ahead, and dreaming of those long summer days, and camping nights...

It was so nice today, it almost felt like spring! Living in Michigan has its ups and downs. One of the plus sides is you get enjoy all four seasons. The down side is its dreary almost ALL winter! But not today! Its January and it was 54 degrees and SUNNY! Whoot! All this sunshine got me thinking of a summer pool party we had this past year...my inspiration for the dreary months! Heres to warmer months :) Enjoy!




Flip-Flop Invites:


 















These invites are SUPER easy to make! I used my own flip-flop to trace the shape for the bottom of the flip-flop out of scrap book paper. I then used a coordinating paper and traced a slightly smaller size for the top design of the flip-flop. The thong part of the 
flip-flop was done by cutting a slit into the top part of 
the sandle, stringing ribbon into the slit, and gluing it
down. I then printed the info on standard paper...And 
there you have it...Flip Flop :)


The Menu:


I did lemon-aid, and a fruit platter, hotdogs and chips for the main course.


 
Treats! (Of Course)

 
Hamburger Cookies, a hit!






"Ice Cream" Cupcakes--another hit!



The Decor:



I wanted to maintain a simple "summery" decor. I kept with green and blue for colors, and added summer elements. My favorite part of the decorations are the hanging lanterns!


  
 



For the party favors, I filled buckets with water shooters, sun glasses, water noodles, water bottles, and candy for later...

   

I used my Mason jars filled with sand and a candle for the centerpiece.I swear those Mason jars are a staple in my design and party planning!

The water shooter were a hit! Well worth my dollar a piece!


And there were no more ice cream cupcakes left!


 Pool fun









We set up our tent, or so rightfully named the "Taj Majal"!




 


 And the boys partied till dawn...











Another Great Party planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment