Friday, January 6, 2012

He's turning 10..OH MY!

My son is turning 10 in a few months (WOW time flies!) Therefore, Ive already begun planning his birthday party...the life of a planner and type A personality like me...It also got me thinking of his awesome party last year, and thought Id share:


Outdoor Inspired Birthday


The Invites:





Made from a camo design scrapbook paper, and folded to look like 
a tent.When the party recipient opened the tent flaps the information
was on the inside...how cool!


The Party Bags:


I used standard lunch sacks, and added stickers 
I found. I wrote the names on the bag with a black
sharpie.


The Favors: 


Dollar store Army Guys, glo sticks, flash lights
and dog tags...easy enough ;)



The Set-up: 

The boys stayed the night in our camper so I 
set the party up in there:






 This is called dirt...chocolate pudding, layered with 
chocolate graham cracker crumbs, and topped with
worms... Just right for boys! Yumm!






I bought the buckets at Target ( I love Target!)
And made the labels by burning the edge of cardstock.
I then glued the leftover scrap book paper to it and added
labels.
 I found the table ware at the party store.

 The bugs, moss and rocks were found at
the Dollar Store too! Im the Dollar Store 
Queen!



The Party:



 
For food, we all roasted hot dogs on the fire, had bug juice and smores.

I got Creative with the wrapping!






The Cake!


 Its a basic white cake with chocolate Frosting.
I then added black sprinkles around the side. Its 
topped with melted red and orange jolly ranchers
to make the fire,and the Peppridge farm cookies! 
It was a hit!


Happy Birthday to you! He seems thrilled! He tries not to smile in pics!


The boys had a blast! They played Big Buck Hunter Pro, and told 
ghost stories, stayed up WAY too late, and had plenty of candy!



What a Great day! Time to do it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment