Friday, January 6, 2012

Monogramming!

I recently fell in LOVE with monogramming. I want to monogram, and label EVERYTHING! Over Christmas I decided to experiment with some new materials and create a monogrammed letter for the holidays. I'm actually pretty pleased with the results!

Because I wasn't blogging at the time, I don't have step by step 
pictures, but this craft is REALLY easy! Here's what I did:


First, I used an old shoe box lid and traced a "D" (for my last name) on it. I cut out the letter. 
I then used a hot glue gun to attach the moss to it. I found reindeer moss at the Dollar Store
(once again Dollar store coming through for me :)

It can be a little messy, but worth the result! 


I tied a red ribbon around the wreath hanger and hung it in the dining nook. Its still there even after the holidays...I'm so proud! Here are a few other ideas I'm going to try in the future:




 Love the lampshade...

 For special occasions and hosting fancy dinners!

 Of course the Christmas tree...would also make great gift ideas!

 This pillow is awesome, and I have plenty of buttons somewhere!

For the door...I have a ton of left over cranberries! 

The possibilities are endless! Happy DIY ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment